Weldmar Hospicecare is holding eight Snowdrop Services in February 2017.
Weldmar Hospicecare’s Snowdrop Gardens and Walks were established to provide a lasting memorial to those who were dear to us. Your loved one may have died in another area, they may not have had cancer or they may have died a long time ago.
You are invited to remember them privately at the Walks or Gardens, or to join with others at the annual Services of Remembrance. These services are held in late winter when snowdrops first appear, reminding us that the hope and warmth of spring are not far away.
There will be eight Snowdrop Services of Remembrance in 2017 – these will be held as follows:
- Beaminster St Mary’s Church on Thursday 9th February at 11am
- Blandford St Peter’s & St Paul’s Church on Tuesday 7th February at 2.30pm
- Bridport Bridport Roman Catholic Church on Thursday 2nd February at 11am
- Gillingham The Cemetery Gardens on Saturday 4th February at 11am
- Lyme Regis St Michael the Archangel on Thursday 9th February at 2.30pm
- Shaftesbury St Peter’s Church on Monday 6th February at 3pm
- Sherborne Cheap St Church on Friday 3rd February at 11am
- Stalbridge The Pound Gardens on Sunday 5th February 3pm
All are welcome to attend these services.
There will be not be any Snowdrop services in the Dorchester, Sturminster Newton and Weymouth areas in 2017; instead, look out for Weldmar’s Sunflower services, which take place in July.
If you wish, snowdrops may be planted in memory of your loved one, and their name included in the Snowdrop Memorial book which is kept in each location. Weldmar ask for a donation of £10 to cover costs; this donation would be acknowledged by a commemorative card.
For more information call Weldmar’s Family Support Services on 01305 215321.