The Community Heritage Access Centre (CHAC) has published the 2017 Yeovil calendar.
Now in its fourth year, the calendar is produced by South Somerset District Council’s Heritage Team and supported by the Arts Council.
This year’s calendar has a theme of celebration as Heritage Information Assistant, Joseph Lewis, explained: “With the 2017 calendar, we emphasise people coming together for national and social occasions and highlight some intriguing Yeovil scenes and industries. These include the Proclamation of King Edward VII in The Borough and a group image of possibly Yeovil’s First Carnival.”
The Celebrating Yeovil 2017 Calendar is presented in a new landscape format.
The calendars are available at £6 each or two for £10. Please add £1.50 for postage and packaging if ordering by post.
Calendars are currently available from:
- Joseph Lewis, Community Heritage Access Centre, SSDC Lufton Depot, Yeovil, BA22 8RP (01935) 462886; [email protected]
- Yeovil Tourist Information Centre, Petter’s Way, Yeovil, BA20 1SH (01935) 462781
- Cartgate TIC, Cartgate Picnic Area, near Stoke Sub Hamdon, near Yeovil, TA14 6RA. (01935) 829333
- SSDC Brympton Way Reception, Brympton Way, Yeovil, BA20 2HT (01935) 462462
- The Emporium, 39 Princes Street, Yeovil, BA20 1EG, (01935) 579482. [email protected]. www.theemporiumyeovil.co.uk
- Yeovil Town Council, 19 Union Street, Yeovil, BA20 1PQ, (01935) 382424. Monday–Friday 8.30-4pm
- Brimsmore Gardens, Tintinhull Road, Yeovil, Somerset, BA21 3NU, (01935) 411000 www.thegardeneronline.co.uk
To order one from CHAC, send a cheque made payable to South Somerset District Council to: CHAC, SSDC Lufton Depot, 7 Artillery Road, Lufton, Yeovil, Somerset BA22 8RP.
Councillor Nick Weeks, Portfolio Holder for Heritage said, “Once again our calendars are on sale to the general public and we are expecting a large number to be sold. We have increased the outlets where they can be purchased and we will also be announcing more sale points in the near future.”
All proceeds will go towards the care of the collections at the Community Heritage Access Centre.
Calendar Photo 1: Arial view of Yeovil Show, Yeovil Showground, Barwick with the Rose Tower Folly and Barwick House in the background dated to the mid-1950s by the transport.
Calendar Photo 2: The entrance to the former Yeovil Town Football Ground with Huish National Primary School alongside dated 1956.
Calendar Photo 3: Junction of Silver Street and Market Street with a busy market around 1956, dated by the Bedford lorry.