South Somerset District Council’s new V3 Project Development Officer, Ewa Prokop, kicked off the V3 public consultation events on Saturday 7 June at Yeovil Town Library as part of National Volunteers Week.
Since starting the role within the Countryside Team in May this year, Ewa has also been consulting with individual community groups and event attendees about their aspirations for Yeovil Country Park. Questions have included: What types of guided walks, talks, events and training days would you like to see held? In what ways would you like to volunteer for the Park? How should the Park be used for educational purposes? What types of information boards, displays, IT and leaflets would be helpful?
A handful of ‘trial’ activities are also being organised during the project development phase.
The V3 Project seeks to InVolve people with, foster Volunteering for and encourage Visits to Yeovil Country Park. Yeovil Country Park includes Ninesprings, Penn Hill, Wyndham Hill, Summerhouse Hill and Riverside Walk. If the V3 Project bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund is successful, the three-year project will run from 2015 to 2018.
The Countryside Team are now asking residents to email in over the summer months so they can express their thoughts and ideas about their aspirations for Yeovil Country Park. Emails can be sent to [email protected]. You can also visit one of the following consultation sessions in Yeovil:
- Sunday 6 July – V3 gazebo at Ivel Square, Quedam Shopping Centre (11am – 4pm)
- Monday 7 July – V3 gazebo at Ivel Square, Quedam Shopping Centre (11am – 4pm)
- Monday 14 July – Yeovil Town Library reception area (9.45am – 5.30pm)
- Tuesday 15 July – Yeovil Town Library reception area (9.45am – 5.30pm)
- Sunday 27 July – V3 gazebo at Ninesprings, by Goldenstones car park (9am – 6pm)
- Monday 28 July – V3 gazebo at Ninesprings, by Goldenstones car park (9am – 6pm)
- Friday 8 August – V3 stall at the bandstand entertainment area in Yeovil Town Centre, featuring a trial craft workshop for children and adults with ‘Somerset Art Works’ (10am – 3pm)
- Sunday 7 September –V3 gazebo at Yeovil Country Park entrance opposite Penn Mill Railway Station (9am – 6pm)
Councillor Sylvia Seal, Portfolio Holder for Leisure & Culture said, “The consultation events allow SSDC to reach those residents who wish to have a say on how the V3 Project evolves and how Yeovil Country Park is managed in terms of the activities that take place there. We look forward to hearing the thoughts and opinions of residents over the summer months.”
An on-line survey form will also be available from 16th June 2014 at www.southsomersetcountryside.com, where web-visitors are also able to find out more about Yeovil Country Park.
The Development Phase of the V3 Project is being funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund.